Where is a reliable cheap supplier for blustone in nyc? I’d like to put in a bluestone patio in the back yard and replace the mix of concrete and bluestone in the front yard so it’s entirely bluestone. i need about 500 sq/ft.

What's Your Take? Leave a Comment

1. You can get random bluestone from Roma in Jamaica, Queens. They deliver and their prices are good, but it’s best to go and pick out your stone since batches vary.

2. I have a great slab of bluestone // flagstone that is about 3′ x 18″. It came out of the backyard of a neighbor. It is most likely from the mid-1800s and has the character of stone cut in those days (i.e., it was not cut by hydraulic drills).

It would make a great centerpiece to a yard and add instant character. If you’re interested, I’ll let it go for $50. You just have to come over to pick it up. Because of its weight, you’ll need two people to carry it.

nyker2004@yahoo.com

3. Does anyone know if these stone suppliers can get the really large slabs of bluestone like were originally used for sidewalks? Any idea of cost?

4. Pasvalco, in Closter, NJ has bluestone (and a lot of other stones). (800) 222-2133. They are just on the other side of the GW Bridge – worth a trip.

5. Try this guy
    Luisi’s Building Mats
    1628 62nd st
    Bklyn
    (718)232-5757
    (718)232-4906
    He has a LOAD of Bluestone in all sizes. Big selection and good pricess!!

6. Just went through this a few months ago when I built a Bluestone Patio in my backyard. Glenwood Masonry in Brooklyn had some (but not enough) cut pieces in stock. I also checked a few places on Staten Island- the best stock being at Best Patio Supply- but they would not deliver to me in Brooklyn (I thought that was strange as I was totally ready to pay for delivery). In any case, I ended up heading north into New Jersey to get Cut Stone and bedding materials. Bergen Brick, Stone and Tile had a nice selection and delivered (for a fairly reasonable price) everything I needed (200SF of random pattern cut bluestone, a couple yards of gravel, and a couple yards of stonedust). Prices were about on par with anything I looked at ranging from $6-$14/SF depending on the finish quality of the stone. Good luck.
    pk