We just obtained a new frig and it measures 29.5 inches without the doors on. We tried to ge it in the house however the door frames measure 27 inches. The current frig is the same size as the new one. Any ideas on how they got it in? I have measured every inch of the space and no luck. Its like they magically appeared in the home.

What's Your Take? Leave a Comment

1. look for back panels on the fridge to take off. i had to remove a panel to get mine in. a lot of electronic circuitry tumbled out… but it still works.

2. Perhaps through a large window? Most modern windows open inward to allow for easy cleaning. If you lower both panes and then open them inward, you might have enough room to pass the fridge.

3. That seems a bit deep. What kind of Fridge is it? I have a 25 cubic foot Amana that is 36 inches wide and when I take the door off the depth is only 24 inches.

4. Well?????? Is your space old or perhaps a new renovation? If it’s an old house. Do some detective work. Check out some of your walls. Perhaps an opening was made in the wall itself and sheetrocked over? A good way to tell, is to knock on the walls in the most logical place for sheetrock. In addition, see if you can tell if a baseboard was cut and put back in place. If you have new construction it’s possible that it was brought in the space when it was renovated. Look for a place to cut open the sheetrocked wall and bring it in. Or, you can always take out the door frame and put it back.

More Stories Like This