I know my lawyer will come back with an answer in his good time but…. figured I could get a faster answer here.

What does LNO mean?

NUMBER TYPE FILE DATE
LNO 1725 LETTER OF NO OBJECTION 06/15/2007
LNO Use: DENIED 2 FAMILY
LNO Floor: 2 FAMILY
Comments: DOF RECORDS SHOW A4 CLASSIFICATION

TIA,
Dean

What's Your Take? Leave a Comment

1. I believe that a letter of no objection is what is issued by the dept of buildings with respect to the occupancy of a building that does not have a C of O.

In this case it looks as though the request was for a letter of no objection to the building’s use as a 2-fam but that this was rejected by the dept. of buildings based on records contained within the dept. of finance showing an A4 classification. I don’t know the details around an A4 classification.

I’m also not an architect, lawyer, code consultant, etc. so I may be talking out of my ass, best to consult with a professional.

2. I would guess denied, though it is a bit cryptic. Also note the comment – the “A” classification at DOF (Dept of Finance) refers to one-family dwellings. (A4 = “City Residences”, whatever that means – I think it means its more than 2 stories.)

3. hmm sorry for being dumb I read both of the links I found and doesn’t make sense – does this mean they were rejected for 2 family living or were they allowed 2 family?

I dont have the actual letter – just saw this on property shark.

Dean