Hi Does anyone know someone who can fix refrigerator or a stove…In my rental appartment one of the stove (oven) doesn’t work and all of a sudden the refrigerator freezes but the refrigerator doesn’t get cold.. Any feedback would be great…. Not sure if I have to get new ones!

What's Your Take? Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

1. Is it a gas oven? Its possible for the gas valve to stick shut if the oven hasn’t been used in a while. Can you increase the room temperature then put the oven on broil and see if it opens up.

As to the fridge- has something blocked the vents between the freezer and the refrigerator section? First try to thaw and clean the unit. Unplug it, put some old towels inside to catch the melting water and then vacuum out the coils and air registers from the outside (behind and under the unit)

2. Repair people sometimes charge just as much as if you were to buy a new stove or frig. Lowe’s usually have reasonable prices (especially for a rental apartment) also check out their open box section sometimes you can find very good deals.

3. Search the forum for “appliance repair” to find previous recommendations.
    Figure out whether you’d rather pay approx. 1/2 the price of a new appliance for a repair, or purchase new appliances. Good stoves and refrigerators for rental units can easily be found in the $500 range. For purchases, I recommend: http://www.shopeba.com/